
I stumbled across directions on how to can butter on the internet a few months ago. It sounded like such a great addition to our food storage and the process didn't seem too complicated. I finally got around to actually doing it and the results are 12 pint jars of canned butter! It really was very simple, just somewhat time consuming. It took me about 2.5 hours to get these canned, but it was also my first time. I've been feeling a big urge to work on beefing up our food storage. We've got a great start, but I really want to get an organized stash going with more than just the boring staple foods.
I didn't even know you could can butter. You continue to surprise me with your ingenuity! :) We need to get together soon. Want to do OMSI sometime soon?
ReplyDeleteCould you please post the link for the instructions?
ReplyDelete