Sunday, June 30, 2013

California Trip - driving down

We had a fabulous little reunion with my parents and siblings at Disneyland. Because the costs of flights were so expensive, we decided to drive down. I'll admit that I was very worried about how that would work out (I hate road trips)! The boys were great on the way down. Antonio had a great idea of making each kid their own car box with new and special things. We picked up little toys and goodies and filled a box for each of them. They got to choose one thing from their box about every hour. It worked great! It kept them entertained which kept my sanity!

An interesting modification to a beetle bug that the boys thought was funny.
Mt Shasta was beautiful!
"You Only Live Once"
We stopped in Sacramento for the night. We ate at the Elephant Bar and got to sit right next to the large elephant coming out of the wall. Some of the kids had ordered macaroni and Antonio told them that the elephants butt was in the kitchen because it pooped out the macaroni. They all, of course, thought this was quite hilarious.
 
Getting the wiggles out before bedtime. The hotel had a big conference going on that weekend and I'm sure our wall mates were none to pleased to be sleeping next to us. We safely made it to Anaheim the next day and prepped for our awesome week at Disney!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment