Monday, November 11, 2013

It's only up from here.

I was having a horrible, no good very bad day. First, I was extremely uncomfortable being pregnant. Second, Rocket was being a pill. His redeeming act was putting himself down for a nap (the kid hasn't napped in almost 2 years and should have been my first clue that he was sick).

Then, I dropped the lid of my favorite crock pot and it shattered all over my kitchen.

I burst into tears.

 

Later that night I could tell that Rocket wasn't feeling well. He was really wheezy and congested. As he was sleeping he was really struggling to breathe and had a lot of stridor. At 11pm, I finally decided to take him to the ER. His breathing was concerning me and I knew he needed some steroids to open up his airway. That led to us spending the next 7 hours at the hospital.

Thankfully he recovered from this bout of croup quickly and was back to his happy self in just a few days.

We are now up to one ER visit for each child.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment