Monday, April 21, 2008

My Plug for Blackle.com

Since I am trying hard to reduce my energy consumption and do my part to help preserve our beautiful earth, I'm putting in a little plug for blackle.com. It is a search engine site that is powered by google, but they keep the screen black and use less energy. It takes more energy to keep a regular computer screen white rather than black. So, set this as your homepage, use it as your search engine, and let everyone you know about it. The energy savings may be small, but if everyone starts doing it they will really add up. Click on About Blackle on the page if you want to learn more about the concept.


And while we are on the topic of energy savings, I got a new washer and dryer on Saturday. I am so in love! They are the most amazing appliances that I have ever had. I never thought I would be so excited to do laundry! They are frond loaders, Maytag EpicZ, the most wonderful machines ever. I sat and watched it wash the first load I did because it was so cool! And, the washer only uses 16 gallons of water as opposed to a traditional top loader than uses about 40 gallons. And...it spins so fast that the clothes are practically dry when I move them to the dryer. Here's a few pics of my new loves.



No comments:

Post a Comment