Monday, January 19, 2009

Chicken Pox

We finished our week of the chicken pox. Ninja came down with them just a day after winter break was over. Poor kid didn't get to go back to preschool and he was so bummed. A few days after Ninja broke out Gambit did too. We all survived (especially considering I was on my own because Antonio was out of town). All it all it really wasn't a big deal. They boys weren't bothered by them (just a little itching) and they didn't get any other symptoms. Gambit's case was pretty mild so I hope he got the full immunity benefit.




For those who are wondering (because I know you are), no, the boys did not get the chicken pox vaccine. That seemed to be the first question out of everyone's mouth as soon as I mentioned what was going on. I do a delayed/selective vaccination schedule for my boys, and I opted out of the chicken pox vaccine completely. I was actually happy they caught the virus because it is rarely circulated anymore. At least I know they have lifelong, natural immunity to it now.


4 comments:

  1. Don't worry...Keigan did get the vaccine and she got them anyways. When I took her to the dr. to make sure that's what they were they also discovered an ear infection. She was allergic to the antibiotic and got HUGE welts on top of her chicken pox. Oh man, it was horrible. Glad the boys are feeling better. The chicken pox are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad things are getting back to normal for you guys. I was wondering about the vaccination schedule you are doing. I have been thinking about that lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing for vaccines for my kids. Glad you survived! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my blog is chrisandbethanymitchell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete