That's what the doctor said to be after my blood draw on Thursday. Transfer was Wednesday, march 27th. Athena had bought me about 20 home pregnancy tests and I told myself I wouldn't take any until Saturday, and even that is too early to see a positive. But, in true character of my impatience, I started taking them on Friday. And kept getting disappointed. Which is silly because I *knew* I wouldn't get a positive. I *knew* it was too early. I still couldn't help myself. By Monday I was downright distraught. In my google-research I found that people have gotten positive results as early as 4 days post transfer (rare) and I was really hoping I'd be one of those lucky ones. I moped around the house all Monday annoyed that the tests weren't saying "pregnant". I was worried that it wasn't going to work at all. I was worried about having to tell Athena that we didn't get pregnant after all. I was worried that her hope and dream of another child completely I hinged on me, but there wasn't actually anything I could do about it anymore. I'd done my part and now it was a waiting game. I went to bed on Monday pretty discouraged, and I told myself I would not test again until Wednesday. Um...yeah right. Tuesday morning I woke up and decided to check "just one more time".
It was really faint and hard to see, but the line was there! I immediately called Athena and sent her a picture of the test. The next morning I took a digital and was blessed with this beautiful word.
Thursday morning I went into the doctor to have them confirm with a blood test what we already knew. That test did come back positive, but my beta number was a little on the low side. That's when the doc threw out the "cautiously optimistic". While my first beta is a little on the low side, everything else looks great so far. Tomorrow morning (Sunday) I go in for my second beta to see how well the numbers a rising. I've still been peeing on pregnancy sticks 3 times a day, just to make sure. The lines are getting darker and the "pregnant" keeps popping up.
So, for now I can say we are all cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy! I think I'm still in shock that it even worked!




Cool!
ReplyDeletewow wow wow!! That is seriously awesome! you are kind of my hero.
ReplyDelete