Rocket had a well check with his pediatrician recently. During the exam she mentioned that she couldn't get a good look at his eyes, but something just "off" enough that it would be a good idea to have him looked at by the ophthalmologist. When Rocket was a baby, he had a little bit of a wandering eye, but that seemed to have corrected itself as he got older.
Last week we finally did make it to go see eye doc. He was really nice and great with Rocket, who wanted no part of any eye exam. The doc found that Rocket is slightly far sighted and wanted to dilate his eyes to get a better look. Turns out Rocket is even more far sighted than previously thought (though its still not that bad) and after discussing options with the doctor we decided to get a prescription for some glasses for Rocket. The mild vision issue that he has will most likely correct itself as his head grows and the eye changes shape, but for now, his eyes are straining pretty hard to focus on things that are right in front of him. The glasses will just help his eyes not have to work so hard. He will probably only need them for 6-12 months. Antonio was the one who took him to find frames that would fit and look good because I was still on "bed rest" from the embryo transfer. This is the order of the pictures sent as they were trying frames on. It still cracks me up when I scroll through these. You can just see the degeneration of Rockets mood as he dealt with people literally in his face.
Picture #1 - oh, this is fun! I'm happy to be here!
Picture #2 - This isn't so bad, I'm still happy.
Picture #3 - I'm starting to lose my patience, but here's a forced smile.
Picture #4 - I would rather not smile anymore. Is this over yet?
Picture #5 - I'm done. Get me outta here!
We did end up choosing some frames, but they didn't carry his size and had to order them. A week later they came and now my adorable Rocket looks like a real Rocket Scientist! Too bad he hates wearing them and takes them off all the time.








he is so adorable in them!! I LOVE THEM! Just keep at it-Noah didn't like wearing them at first either, and he always took them off. But eventually he got used to them.
ReplyDelete